South Florida Health Care Institute is committed to equipping our students with high-quality CPR AED and First Aid training by following an impeccable class structure that optimizes learning and sharing knowledge. As these life-saving techniques are universally the first response to cardiac emergency cases such as heart attack, choking, and stroke, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to be lifesavers and make their community a safer and healthier environment.
Unfortunately, with the rise of heart disease cases in the United States, many who suffer a cardiac arrest out of the hospital and do not receive immediate basic treatment are likely to die. This basic training course is available for everyone, including ordinary citizens who have little to no experience in medical training.
About Our Basic CPR AED and First Aid Course
The Basic CPR AED and First Aid Course is designed to provide students with the knowledge to perform first aid and CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) with an external defibrillator (AED) effectively, timely, and safely. This Heartsaver course is designed for those with little to no medical training and may require these skills as part of their job and regulatory (OSHA) requirements.
Additionally, it is suitable for people who want to be prepared in cardiac emergencies to help strangers and their loved ones in any setting. Students will also receive a Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED course completion card valid for two years.
Upon the completion of this course, students should successfully be able to:
- Recognize symptoms of common injuries and illnesses
- Recognize the legal considerations when administering first aid
- Recognize when someone requires CPR
- Explain how high-quality CPR enhances survival
- Provide effective resuscitation through mouth-to-mouth or a barrier device
- Demonstrate how to use an AED and perform high-quality CPR for an adult alone or as a part of a team member in a multi-rescuer situation
- Describe how to help an adult or child who is choking
- Explain the concepts of Chain of Survival
- Understand the priorities, responsibilities, and roles of a first aid rescuer
- Identify first aid actions for life-threatening conditions such as heart attack, choking, stroke, shock, severe bleeding, and difficulty breathing,
- Identify key steps in administering first aid
- Utilize an epinephrine pen
- Control bleeding
Why Are Basic CPR AED and First Aid Important?
Basic CPR, AED, and first aid knowledge are crucial in increasing an individual’s chances of survival after they have suffered a cardiac condition such as cardiac arrest and stroke. Heart disease is pervasive across the United States and is the leading cause of death, claiming more than 600,000 lives each year. Therefore, CPR and first aid training can help you significantly in responding and reacting to emergencies when someone in your community or your loved one suffers a cardiac arrest before paramedics arrive. CPR supplies oxygen and preserves brain function, providing a better chance to the patient for a full recovery
Choose South Florida Healthcare Institute for Your Healthcare Training and Certification
South Florida Healthcare Institute is a privately-owned and managed company committed to providing ordinary citizens and healthcare professionals with life-saving techniques to respond to life-threatening and critical situations through our training courses on CPR and First Aid. By sharing our expertise, we aim to foster a safer and healthier environment for everyone in the community by making our training courses affordable to everyone. We believe that high-quality healthcare training should be accessible and be within reach of everyone. Therefore, we conduct various types of classes at our facility, or upon request in schools, private homes, businesses, and other locations.